If you have a flat roof building and you’re passionate about environmental sustainability, a green roof might be a great choice for your property! A green roof (also known as a living roof) is a flat roof that is either completely or partially covered with vegetation, which is planted over a waterproofing membrane. We are pleased to offer green roofing in Calgary for our environmentally conscious clients! Green roofs have many substantial environmental benefits, including:
- Increased Roof Life: UV radiation, high ozone ratios, temperature fluctuation, and hail can all hurt your roof’s waterproofing. A green roof protects your roof from these damaging elements, increasing the life of your roof!
- Reduced Noise Levels: Green roofs can improve sound insulation by up to 8 decibels and reduce sound reflection by 3 decibels. If you your property is in a noisy area, a green roof can help!
- Thermal Insulation: Green roofs add thermal insulation to your building, which reduces the amount of primary energy used to control the interior climate of your property.
- Heat Shield: Green roofs can reduce indoor temperatures through the process of transpiration. Studies have shown that the microclimate on a unit underneath a green roof is comparable to a ground-level unit.
- Space Utilization: The options for a green roof are endless! Add urban greenspace to your property and transform your roof into a recreational space, a beautiful garden, an urban farm or whatever your heart desires!
If you would like to learn more about green roofing options, please don’t hesitate to give us a call.